Tuesday, January 23, 2007

PHENOMENAL WOMAN '07- Jenny from the Block!



Jennifer Hudson is an OSCAR NOMINEE!!!!
I remember J-Hud (lol) on American Idol... so full of life with such a big voice and personality for days.
She won the People's Choice Awards, she got the Golden Globe, could she cinch the Oscar? Cate Blanchett already lost to her at the Globes and she seems to me to be the only obstacle in her way at the Oscars in her category.
I haven't seen Dreamgirls so I don't know if it's Oscar worthy but I am so excited for her.
She was always so positive when Simon shut her down on AI and was bummed when she got voted off.
I guess this goes to show that what my god-mother Oprah says is very true... God can dream a bigger dream for you than you could ever imagine.
Who would have thought? She wasn't even an actress. She was just a struggling singer trying to get a record deal.
Her achievements thus far have left anything any AI winner has achieved in the dust... shoo it's left most bonafide celebrities not even able to see her brake lights.
You go girl!


You know you've made it when Prada will make you the same dress Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing...

9 comments:

Dimples said...

LOL...J Hud..huh!!!...u 2 are close like that abi???

I love Jennifer..her spirit is just fab and divine..watched the Dreamgirl's Oprah edition today...and my God never seen so one so greatful for where she was now.
roud.
I wish her all the best @ the Oscars and I bet she'll do all we black peeps proud...u go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful and talented and definitely deserves all the recognition she gets

Naija Vixen said...

Go J-Hud!u knw u got it made when "papa knowles" is tryn to create imaginary beef between u and B...just cos u dont want him on ur management team!!!

low said...

Lolll u r a nutter MOT..lol and she sure does make the dress look good.

I saw the Oprah show that feautured the cast. She looked very humble. wishing her all the best

Bella Naija said...

I love Miss J-Hud.
I pray she stays this humble and doesnt turn into a stick figure in the future
Hope she wins the Oscar!!
Who would have thought...honestly hate to get all Opraheque but her story just teaches me that anything is possible..I'm sure soo many people looked and her and laughed at her size, her style etc...now she is gunning for oscar gold..
FAB

naijabelle said...

I hope and pray she wins the oscar.God has a way of making things work for our good even at the time we are discouraged and dissapointed only if we know what he's got in store for us.AI wasn't a success but she went on to even bigger things.There is no stopping this girl!

MOT said...

@ Low... I'm a "nutter" abi? What happened to "Gurl u craaazy!" U have turned into one of them tea & crumpets babes... U r a punk! Can't believe u won't b here to watch AI with me this year... sell out oshi!
@BN the sad reality is if she's to keep up the momentum, she's going to have to lose that FAB body according to one of my friends who thinks he's an authority on Hollywood... He has a point, look @ Queen Latifah. It's hard enough been black in H'wood.
@LNC God does have a way with His things. I hope she wins as well. It will be the true underdog story if she sweeps all the awards. She's been nominated for every single award this year!

chidi said...

d dress looks way much beta on her than Gwyneth Paltrow! dats y we r black!! i love her. i hope she gets to win the oscar. UP wid Jennifer, DOWN wid Beyonce!!
You guyz shld check out ma blog:
http://fya-dancer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Her performance was MADDD in dreamgirls.