Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SPREAD THE WORD...

Yesterday was pretty uneventful for the most part except for the usual humdrum routine of work.
At about say 6-ish everything changed! Thanks to Bisbis.
I was ready to call it a day when she came through and asked me to tag along to BONZAI. Everyone's heard of BONZAI... if you haven't, it's a Japanese restaurant in Lagos.
Well... I didn't need much convincing since I'd been feenin' for some sushi.. Bisbis doesn't understand that... but if u don't understand the pleasures of raw/halfcooked fish, you'll never.
Which brings me to my story. She was going for the "cheese-cake". I didn't even know Bonzai had cheesecake. It's not on their take-out menu. I was clearly interested since cake is like my favorite thing, except for the "creative & artistic" cakes i.e. cake that contains things that I don't feel belong in cake, things like raisins, fruit or a whole fruit salad, cake that is barely cake, cake that does not taste like cake then they give it fancy names like gateau (whatever!!!) Give me good old fashioned pound cake and some cheese cake & I'm good to go!
So we get there, I order sushi, she orders her food. We get done... so time for dessert! I wasn't really expecting much as I've had some rather funky experiences with dessert in Nigeria. I've had brownies made with MILO, cheesecake that tasted like sawdust (you get the picture).
They bring out the "cheese cake" and I break off a piece with my spoon and OOHH MY GOD!
I swear on everything I own, I almost passed out! This..this..this... thing was out of this world... delicious.
First thing I did was ask the waiter to give me one to go (to share with the folks at home), then I sat back and enjoyed this cheesecake.
I've had cheesecake in some pretty nice places in my time and this is the best cheesecake I have ever had.
PLEASE GO! Have the cheesecake! I want feedback.
I'm thinking of starting a fan club.
That s#*t is so good that I promise if you don't like it, I will give you your money back (and I mean it!!!)

P.S. I'm not to be held responsible for wobbly bits that develop as a result of an addiction to said recommended cheesecake. This cheesecake is not to be consumed excessively as it may cause severe public displays of orgasmic sensations.
Eat wisely!!!

15 comments:

Dimples said...

Oh save me a piece PLEASE...strawberry preferably...Bisbis didn't stop talking about it yesterday..please abeg let's make DHL or UPS a reality o...i'd email u my address later.

Tutsy said...

LMAO....That disclaimer was too darn funny...like my ever growing behind isn't big enough, what i need is a cheesecake commercial abi??...shame on you for making me crave some cheesecake right about now...lol... Anywayz, So Bonzai is the new "it" place? Was it recently opened because i sure as hell didn't hear anything about Bonzai when i was in Naija in December.. Will be sure to check it out when i visit again this year.
On a lighter note, I hope Bonzai is paying you for all this free adverstisement sha...lol..Maybe a company rep will see your write-up and reward you with a free lifetime cheesecake membership award....just be sure to hook us up when that happens.

MOT said...

Bonzai's been around for a bit. If they give me free cheese cake it I don't think I'll accept. I might take the piss & like u said, I've got existing problems of my own that need to be addressed before this cheesecake came into my life.

Mrs Somebody said...

Cheesecake?A no go area for me.....until I lose all the excess fat i'm carrying on me.

By the way,I'm HOPELESSLY DEVOTED to OPRAH just like you!!!!

Anonymous said...

mots you are a cow, no blogging since and you come and give us CHEESECAKE! WAKA.
But I look forward to enjoying it sha

MOT said...

@ Mrs Somebody sometimes u need to give urself a break. Oprah ROCKS!!!
@ realgist... Trust me u'll come back & thank me but even I'm "waka-ing" myself for discovering it lol

IJEOMA said...

you are responsible oh.. haba no be you ask us to visit..

Unknown said...

sorry, where is this place????

Quest said...

you seem to know a lot about fashion. Do you work in the industry by any chance? Are you a photographer?

Anonymous said...

lmao.. this cheesecake self.. i think i'll try it when i go back to naija... happy easter luv

Aramide said...

wow ive missed a lot but then again, ure also long overdue...where are ya?

Inuke Omotola Davis said...

misselias update now!

Judy123 said...

Hi Miss Elias,
I write because I too am a fan of cheesecakes. I make some on my own for my family and friends. I prefer to make new york style, irish cream and brownie bottom AND My 2 years old son loves it so much!

If interested, I could make you some:)

Tutsy said...

Seriously babe, we have to do something about u going MIA all the time..abeg update now.

NwaChi said...

where is BONZAI let it be one of my stops this christmas as i dnt wnt to dull at all...lol!